Body Positive Tarot is a self-paced course created by Virgie Tovar and Helen Shewolfe Tseng, centering tarot as a tool for recovering from diet culture and deepening your relationship to your body.
In this course, we will use the narratives within tarot as healing modalities toward restoring your intuition – an integral gift of the human experience that is undercut by experiences of body shame and fatphobia. We will also provide resources for finding meaning and power through stories and archetypes, discovering your own magic, and creating community and art.
Learn your body through the tarot; learn the tarot through your body.
Virgie Tovar has been featured by the New York Times, Al Jazeera and NPR for her work in ending weight discrimination. She is the author of The Self-Love Revolution: Radical Body Positivity for Girls of Color and You Have the Right to Remain Fat. She’s the host of Rebel Eaters Club.
Helen Shewolfe Tseng
Helen Shewolfe Tseng is an artist, designer, witch, and tarot revisionist. Helen co-hosted Astral Projection Radio Hour on BFF.fm from 2014 to 2020, and co-authored and illustrated The Astrological Grimoire, published by Chronicle Books in 2019.
- Intro to the Major Arcana
- Major Arcana: The Big Fat Mysteries!
- 0: The Fool
- Major Arcana: 1-7, Part I
- Major Arcana: 1-7, Part II
- Major Arcana: 1-7, Part III
- What the High Priestess Teaches Us About Trauma
- Major Arcana: 8-14, Part I
- Major Arcana: 8-14, Part II
- Major Arcana: 8-14, Part III
- What the Death Card Teaches Us About Leaving Diet Culture
- Major Arcana: 15-21, Part I
- Major Arcana: 15-21, Part II
- Major Arcana: 15-21, Part III
- What the Mysterious Moon Teaches Us About Intuition